Large Sombreroni Pasta and how to cook them.
These handmade Sombreroni Pasta shells look difficult to make into a tasty dish but don't worry I am here to help!
This pasta should be treated like cannelloni (if you have never cooked cannelloni I will be explaining how to best cook them soon), filled and cooked in the oven. If you don't have this pasta then you can use the filling to fill cannelloni.
This pasta has the hats and also the bottoms in the pack! You do have to parboil the pasta, I know that this is a pain but it does make the difference.
Here is the recipe for feta and grilled asparagus filled sombreroni:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- add salt to a full sauce pan of boiling water
- add the pasta bottoms to the boiling water for 7 minutes drain with a slotted spoon and put on to baking paper
- add the sombreroni to the boiling water for 6 minutes drain with a slotted spoon and put on to baking paper
- in the microwave heat the feta in 30 second intervals until soft and can be mixed.
- add 1/2 the pecorino, basil, garlic and seasoning to the feta, give a good stir to make sure that everything has mixed well
- fill the pasta with the feta filling place the bottoms on and put on a baking tray with baking paper.
- top with the olive oil and pecorino and bake for 10 minutes.